Re: how to convince that debian is one the three major choices for a stable server environment?

Andrei Popescu put forth on 2/23/2010 4:26 PM:

> And because paid support was mentioned let me add:
>
> http://www.debian.org/consultants/

This doesn't count.  We're talking _vendor_ support, and access to
developers.  For example, AFAIK, both Novell and Red Hat will write and
maintain custom kernel and application patches for a single customer
requirement, in essence only huge named accounts that requires such, for as
long as that named account is a customer.

_That_ is the kind of support CxOs at large organizations are looking for,
when we're talking about "paid Linux support".  They want a big name vendor
with big dollars in the bank backing that support contract.  Consultants
aren't going to cut it on this playing field as they go out of business too
frequently leaving customers hanging.

It's merely paid support.  It's a big picture of which the payment aspect is
a small part.

--
Stan