Re: Graphics Diag Query

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 14:43:07 -0500 (EST), Jack Schneider wrote:
> Stephen, thanks for the reply...8-)
> I want to find out if the color distortions (smears on left side of
> images) I see on the LCD are due to a faulty LCD or faulty graphics
> chip.  I want to know if there is a diagnostic to help figure that out.
> I want to place a message/s in the screen (legible) what jobs are
> pending/finished as appropriate.

OK, so you're seeing strange distortion of the colors and you
want to figure out if it is a hardware problem or a software problem.
I see.  Well, the only suggestion I have is rather low-tech; and
I'm sure you've thought of it already; but I would suggest installing
some other graphical operating system, such as Windows 95, DOS/Win 3.1,
etc. and see how things look then.  If you still see the smear,
it's almost certainly a hardware problem.  But again, I'm sure you've
thought of that.  Maybe someone else has a better idea, but that's
all I know to suggest.