Re: Graphics Diag Query

On Mon, 22 Feb 2010 13:06:41 -0500 (EST), Jack Schneider wrote:

> Hi, All
> Does any one know of a diagnostic tool to pin down a smeared LCD screen?
> I have an old laptop i386, running lenny, up2date, 2.6.26-2-486 kernel,
> which I want to take the load as a parallel-port printer host.
> It runs a Neomagic NM2093 video chip. I have checked the LCD display
> with lcdtest and all's well.  It seems to display B/W terms at full
> screen, OK.
> I have googled 'till I get running in circles.
>
> I am thinking about removing "color" from the display, pointers on
> if/how to do that would be appreciated.

I am a native speaker of English, but I haven't a clue what you're
asking.  What exactly do you mean by "pin down"?  What do you mean
by "smeared"?  (I assume you *don't* mean that your child smeared his
peanut butter and jelly sandwich all over it, but I don't know what
you *do* mean.)  And if you're only
using it as a print server anyway, who cares?  Would you be so kind
as to explain in less techno-slang terms exactly what the problem is and
exactly what you are trying to accomplish.  I have an old laptop too,
with an LCD screen and a neomagic 2160 chipset.  So I'm familiar
with the hardware.  But I still have no clue what you are talking
about.