Re: how to convince that debian is one the three major choices for a stable server environment?

I could think of a ton of reasons a company would want to move from
Gentoo. Primarily related to maintenance time on the machine.

Lets just take this example: A new vulnerability is found in kernels
below version X. In debian often the kernel will get patched to fixed
said vulnerability and can be installed via the package manager. If it
were a Gentoo box the administrator of the machine would either have
to patch his existing kernel manually and recompile or upgrade to a
new kernel version (which could require reconfiguration prior to
recompilation).

He could have entirely different reasons but maintenance time on
Gentoo systems can be quite extreme in comparison to binary-packaged
enterprise distros.