Re: Automatically remounting CIFS share

On Wed, Feb 17, 2010 at 1:06 AM, Brian Ryans <brian.l.ryans@gmail.com> wrote:
Quoting Scott Gifford on 2010-02-16 14:41:14:
> Is there a way to get similar behavior from a CIFS server, where a rebooted
> fileserver will automatically be remounted when it comes back?

Hi Scott. If my mental model of your problem is correct, then your
problem can be solved by adding an entry to the Debian box's crontab,
which runs a script that attempts to touch a file on the NAS.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try that.

I'm a bit surprised there isn't a solution that's less messy, though.

-----Scott.