Re: bridge + ip-forwarding

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 08:06:43AM +1100, Alex Samad wrote:
> Hi
>

> I am a bit confused, I have a bridged interface with 2 active interfaces
> eth0 and eth1. and ip forwarding off
>
> I have turned off ip forwarding.  I though brctl created a ethernet
> bridge - same broadcast domain between the interface. but I noticed a
> lot of firewall blocks in my iptables forward chain, in=br0 out=br0.
>
> This normal ?

Seems like I might not have given enough information.

I have eth0 , eth1 bridged together into br0, I have ipv4 forwarding
turned off in sysctl and I have a rule in iptables filter/FORWARD that
log all packets that don't meet by allow rules.

I have had to add a line

-i br0 -o br0 -j ACCEPT

My question is why (and how long has it been), that iptables sees
packets on the bridged network and why in the forward table, especially
when I have forwarding off ?

Alex