Re: Basic Statistical Tool

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 10:00, Ogya Chief <ogyachief@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> I need a basic statistical tool such as the Data Analysis Add-in in MS
> Excel. I have installed MS Office 2007 on Debian Sid but the add-in
> installation fails. I know Gnumeric has similar functions to Excel's but it
> lacks some features for graphing that I need. For example, in Excel, linear
> regression produces graphs in addition to the table of data. I need this
> feature. OpenOffice.org Calc does not have data analysis feature at all.
> I have also looked at R but it has a steep learning curve. I need a tool to
> do an assignment this week.
>
> Are there any tools similar to the Excel Data Analysis tool? What happened
> to KOffice in Sid? apt-cache search koffice does not turn up anything. Any
> help will be very much appreciated.

I have KOffice on my install, but maybe it is from experimental? In any case,
KOffice 2 is a bit iffy at the moment (like KDE 4.0 or 4.1 was).

There is also Gnumeric, the Gnome Office spreadsheet. It has at least some
data analysis tools, although I do not know how extensive.

GnuPlot might do the job, but it is a command line program.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers