Re: Air compressors vs. canned air

jeremy jozwik wrote:
On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 6:30 PM, Chris Jones <cjns1989@gmail.com> wrote:

...and might be able to
comment on the respective merits of air compressors vs. air cans..?

CJ

in a recent point and shoot camera surgery i regret using compressed
air cans. after a certain * of rotation the can might expel high
velocity condensation onto whatever delicate electronics you are
working with. like...  interior camera optics.

i would highly suggest the air compressor. i have never heard of an
air compressor shooting water out of its hose...

An air compressor takes in surrounding air and compresses it, rapid decompression will cause the water molecules to condense.  If using your compressor for some time, you may certainly find it spitting water out of the nozzle.

I _only_ use compressors now, I have a small $50 wal-mart special which only holds 2 gallons.  It is oil-less and the kind you should look at, since the oil run motors are intended for tool usage, it'll be noisy, it'll recharge a lot.

In the end, it does make sense using a compressor.