RE: Cannot compile testing vanilla kernel under Debian

> Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 03:23:23 +0000
> From: jbrownfirst@gmail.com
> To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Cannot compile testing vanilla kernel under Debian
>
> I tried several times to compile the testing vanilia Linux kernel
> 2.6.33-rc8 under Debian, but every time I had an error (see attached file).

I've gotten this error to in my endeavours too. I would be interested in knowing if there is a solution. I have previously noticed there were hacks to work around the problem by modifying the .mk files. But for the meantime try using make deb-pkg since you are compiling such a recent kernel, the option should be there in the Makefile.

> But it was possible for me to do that with the stable kernel 2.6.32.
> What was the mistake I did?

Windows� phone-your Windows stuff, on the go. See more.