Re: OT: Air compressors vs. canned air

On 14/02/10 10:53, Russell L. Harris wrote:
* Chris Jones<cjns1989@gmail.com>  [100214 02:35]:
Has anyone with real world experience in the area of computer cleaning
tried such solutions as the MetroVac duster line and might be able to
comment on the respective merits of air compressors vs. air cans..?

The telephone company uses dry nitrogen to purge telephone cables
(sealed conduits which contain hundreds of twisted pairs).

In all the years (now in excess of 40!) I have worked with computers, and electronic equipment in general, I have never felt the need to blow away anything.

An annual gentle suck around the fans, and any area which has accumulated dust, using a domestic vacuum cleaner with a plastic nozzle has always been adequate, as well as cheap and safe.

--
Tony van der Hoff        | mailto:tony@vanderhoff.org
Buckinghamshire, England |