Re: portable Debian

On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 04:20:46PM -0400, Germana Oliveira wrote:
> Hi!!
>
> I want to know if someone have done this before:
>
> I have a external disk, and i install Debian in it from my PC, but when i
> try to run it from my laptop i just can' t... but i just want to know if
what is the error ?

> somebody have done this and how, should i install it with some especific
> parameters so it runs from any other machine?? should i change something
> every time it runs in a diferent machine???
>
> I have google it but i can't find something that tell me how to do it.....

make sure you are using LABEL's or UUIDs, have to make sure the
bootsector of each boot drive points to a bootloader that knows to load
your partition

--
"I was not prepared to shoot my eardrum out with a shotgun in order to get a deferment. Nor was I willing to go to Canada. So I chose to better myself by learning how to fly airplanes."

	- George W. Bush
02/25/1990
Dallas Morning News