Re: Personal keylogger?

On 10-02-09 04:08:47, Dotan Cohen wrote:
> It looks like LKL doesn't work. Although it runs, it does not produce
> an output file. In online forums I see much mention of other people
> who cannot get it to work, yet no solutions. It might be that I am
> selecting the wrong keymap, how can I know which keymap I am
> currently
> using? Thanks!
>
> dotancohen@dcl:~$ sudo lkl -l -k '/usr/share/lkl/keymaps/us_km' -o
> /home/dotancohen/keylog
> Started to log port 0x60. Keymap is /usr/share/lkl/keymaps/us_km. The
> logfile is /home/dotancohen/keylog.

Its probably the port, as a wrong keymap would produce wrong output.
LKL only works with old-style keyboards, not USB.  I see on the LKL
sourceforge page a recommendation for logkeys[1], but it may be too
high level for your specific need.

You might try a search for "linux keylogger usb".

[1] <http://code.google.com/p/logkeys>

TonyN.:'                       <mailto:tonynelson@georgeanelson.com>