Re: A tool for auto amplifying of wav/flac files.

Sorry to split hairs but among countless sources here is Wikipedia

The decibel (dB) is a logarithmic unit of measurement that expresses
the magnitude of a physical quantity (usually power or intensity)
relative to a specified or implied reference level. Since it
expresses a ratio of two quantities with the same unit, it is a
dimensionless unit

Larry