Re: Plz suggest the kernels that can be used in GNU

consul tores put forth on 2/7/2010 1:58 AM:

> I can not know what this person is asking for, but a Linux kernel is
> to big for a floppy disk, it includes SeLinux wich is not very welcome
> in many boxes around the World, and it also defines what GNU does.

Linux kernels can be made to fit into spaces far far smaller than a 1.44MB
floppy disk.  Many embedded applications use Linux kernels a quarter of this
size or less.  Until recently you could boot the Debian net installer kernel
from a floppy disk, and until recent years and the advent of "live CDs" the
rescue floppy was the standard boot device for rescuing a non bootable Debian
system.  The Linux kernel can easily fit on a boot floppy.  You can't do much
with such a kernel, but then again, you never could with any *nix type kernel
that fit on a floppy.

Why do you say SeLinux is not welcome?  In Debian/GNU Linux it's disabled by
default.  Those who use it need high levels of system security and auditing.

--
Stan