Re: Tax software for Debian (Lenny)?

On Sat, Feb 06, 2010 at 11:05:55AM +0530, Girish Kulkarni wrote:
> On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 20:35:26 -0800 Mark wrote:
> > I've done the typical Internet scrubbing and didn't find anything
> > specific to tax software for Debian (something similar to TurboTax,
> > for example).  I found a few interesting options but nothing in the
> > official Debian packages.  Here's what I have so far as options
> > (on-line versions), any insight into the most Linux/Debian-friendly
> > one of these?  I live in the USA and run Lenny on the machine I"ll
> > do my taxes with.
>
> GnuCash (http://www.gnucash.org/) has some Income Tax related
> features.  Maybe useful?

at most it allows you to attach tax categories to particular accounts
or transactions, but it doesn't actually do any income tax preparation
or anything like that. We've talked various times in the past about it
and the core-devs are definitely not interested.

been a while since I've been around them though, so that's slightly
dated information.