Re: Tax software for Debian (Lenny)?

Mark wrote:
I've done the typical Internet scrubbing and didn't find anything specific to tax software for Debian (something similar to TurboTax, for example). I found a few interesting options but nothing in the official Debian packages. Here's what I have so far as options (on-line versions), any insight into the most Linux/Debian-friendly one of these? I live in the USA and run Lenny on the machine I"ll do my taxes with.

-taxact.com <http://taxact.com> http://www.taxactonline.com/
-taxslayer.com <http://taxslayer.com> http://www.taxslayer.com/
-taxgeek (looks a couple years old) http://taxgeek.sourceforge.net/

Thanks!
Mark

I have also used taxact for many years and have found it fast and easy (Debian Lenny and Firefox 3.6). I've looked for a Debian alternative but as yet have not found one. Gnucash is a bookeeping system with tax tracking, but it won't file your taxes for you. For free on-line federal tax filing solutions check with irs.gov they have many options available

mtp5150