Re: which debian i should install?

On Sat, 06 Feb 2010 10:49:35 -0800, rosy cutie wrote:

> i want to install debian on my computer.by searching its website i
> reaches at the page
> http://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/5.0.4/i386/iso-cd/ but i am not able
> to decide which debian? i dont understand the computer jargon.i cannot
> install it via internet or through any network. i think i can install it
> by a cd and   debian-504-i386-CD-.iso will work for me but why there are
> cd-1 to cd-31. i also want to know what to do with MD5SUMS. is it also
> nessacery to download it.
> may be it is not nessacery but i want to know how to use it. please help
> me.

- If you have DVD writer, try the first iso DVD. It has many packages in
just one medium.

- If you have only a CD writer, donwload the first iso CD and once
installed, you can use a network connection to download additional
packages.

More info here:

http://www.debian.org/CD/http-ftp/index.en.html

Greetings,