Re: auto-mounting disks that might not be present (e.g. usb drives)

On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:31:10 -0600
"Boyd Stephen Smith Jr." <bss@iguanasuicide.net> wrote:

> In any case, /etc/fstab is for *static* file systems.  It is *not* for file
> systems that may or may not be there when the system is booting (or otherwise
> in operation).

Please substantiate this assertion with some documentation.  The
manpage just mentions "static information about the filesystems" - I see
nothing that implies that it "is *not* for file systems that may or may
not be there when the system is booting".

Celejar