Re: texlive-latex-base configuration error

On Sat, Jan 30, 2010 at 16:06:34 +0100, Alexandru Cabuz wrote:
> Hello, list!
>
> I am running testing i386. Upgrading livetex, apt gives configuration
> errors:

[...]

> The one it seems to be choking on unavoidably is texlive-latex-base
> That's the one that breaks things, I think.
>
> I have enclosed the output of apt below, and also the logfile it produces.
>

> Paramétrage de texlive-latex-base (2009-7) ...
> Running mktexlsr. This may take some time... done.
> Building format(s) --all --cnffile
> /etc/texmf/fmt.d/10texlive-latex-base.cnf.
> This may take some time...
> fmtutil-sys failed. Output has been stored in
> /tmp/fmtutil.rDOEJe9f
> Please include this file if you report a bug.

[...]

> cabuz:/home/cabuz# cat /tmp/fmtutil.rDOEJe9f

[...]

> fmtutil: running `luatex -ini   -jobname=dvilualatex -progname=dvilualatex
> dvilualatex.ini' ...
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.50.0-2009122515 (INITEX)
>  restricted \write18 enabled.
> (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/latexconfig/dvilualatex.ini

That seems to be an outdated (or just plain wrong) location for this
file; it should be at
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/latexconfig/dvilualatex.ini.

I would check which package is responsible for this file, i.e. run:

  dpkg -S /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/latexconfig/dvilualatex.ini

You might have to purge (not just remove) whatever package is
responsible for putting this file on your system.

> ! I can't find file `luatexconfig.tex'.
> l.2 \input luatexconfig.tex
>
> Please type another input file name:
> ! Emergency stop.
> l.2 \input luatexconfig.tex
>
> No pages of output.
> Transcript written on dvilualatex.log.
> Error: `luatex -ini  -jobname=dvilualatex -progname=dvilualatex
> dvilualatex.ini' failed

The correct locations and names for the lualatex configuration files
are:

$ dpkg -L texlive-latex-base | grep lualatex
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/latexconfig/lualatex.ini
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/latexconfig/lualatexiniconfig.tex
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/latexconfig/dvilualatex.ini
/usr/bin/lualatex
/usr/bin/dvilualatex

> fmtutil: running `luatex -ini   -jobname=lualatex -progname=lualatex
> lualatex.ini' ...
> This is LuaTeX, Version beta-0.50.0-2009122515 (INITEX)
>  restricted \write18 enabled.
> (/usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/latexconfig/lualatex.ini
> ! I can't find file `luatexconfig.tex'.

The same problem occurs with lualatex.ini, which is in a wrong location
as well.

[...]

If getting rid of the spurious configuration files does not let you
complete the upgrade of the texlive packages, then you might have to
temporarily comment out all references to lua(la)tex and dvilua(la)tex
in the files in /etc/texmf/fmt.d/. This should at least allow you to
complete the upgrade, but the lua(la)tex formats will not be built.
Afterwards you might have to purge and reinstall luatex and maybe also
texlive-base and texlive-latex-base.

--
Regards,            |
          Florian   |