Re: serious problem upgrading sox

On Fri, 29 Jan 2010 23:53:19 +0100, Bernard wrote:

> A 'find / | grep sox' showed me that . . .

 mlocate sox

would be much much faster. Ref:

http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.debian.user/373030/

> . . . I will later on make further attempts at
> installing the newer version from testing/sid, as Tong recommends

get/compile from Debian source, with the help of all those Debian helper
tools, can save you much trouble as you have experienced. Ref,

http://xpt.sourceforge.net/techdocs/nix/distro/debian/deb18-
PackageBuilding/single/#Building_custom_version_of_wget

and the next title.

If you have to build from source, remember to use checkinstall, eg.

 checkinstall make

HTH

--
Tong (remove underscore(s) to reply)