Re: Can only get Nvidia driver to work with 2.6.26

Patrick Wiseman wrote:
> I post
> this just to suggest the same solution to others who have experienced
> the same frustration.  (And my next Linux laptop will not have Nvidia
> video, however good it is - and it is - when it works.)

I'm curious what exactly the problems were that you faced. When I
decided to buy a new Mac Mini, I did it _because_ it has a Nvidia GPU.

I've been using all Nvidia proprietary drivers since 2.6.26 (currently
2.6.32-trunk-AMD64 on sid), and I never had the slightest problem
(except some KDE 4.0 bugs that went away with the new Nvidia drivers
since 185.x).

The proprietary drivers work extremely well for multiple displays, HDMI
and all that 3D animation bling etc. that's not really needed but just
looks fancy. ;-) Don't know if that would work with the nv drivers, too.

Mind to tell us what went wrong?

ändu