Re: Can't get fglrx driver to work after recent xserver update (squeeze)

Matteo Riva skrev:
After yesterdays upgrade which contained new xserver packages, I can't
run the fglrx non-free driver anymore. I installed the latest version
with the sgfxi[1] script [...]

Are you aware that the fglrx driver was removed from squeeze on the 25th to allow for the xorg transition, and that a new version was uploaded to sid on the 28th with the changelog text "still no xorg 7.5 support"?

I believe the new xorg that just entered squeeze is the 7.5 version. I do not know about the sgfxi script, but regarding the debian packages, it seems reasonable to me to expect difficult problems.

I have no suggestions for solutions.

/ johan