Re: Grub on XFS root filesystem

2010/1/28 Account for Debian group mail <debian@pcez.com>:

> Hello,
>
> On one of my machines that I'm trying to upgrade to Lenny has a XFS
> root-boot file system.
>
> The upgrade docs state that I need to switch from lilo to grub for a Lenny
> upgrade. But I cannot get grub to install on this XFS boot file system, it
> just hangs up.
>
> Anyone know how to get this done?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ken

Hi

I am having a similar problem with a Celeron 800, 384 Mb RAM.

I had Lenny as a ssh/ftp/openvpn server, then i did upgrade to Squeeze
having the mentioned problem with Grub2, It could not be installed;
after that i decide to test it installing Squeeze from scrash on ext2,
ext3, and reiserfs, using the i386  Jan/28 netinstaller, and as
results, it could not be installed again.

After that, I did a test, instaling OpenBSD, and i had a normal
installation, but at reboot, OpenBSD could not boot by the cause of
Grub2. Tomorrow i am going to install Lenny again, after i repair the
mbr.