Re: apt-get upgrade -> Configuring grub-pc never ends

Recently I've got a problem on a server... after editing menu.lst the machine boots, but running an apt-get upgrade that got a new kernel image, i lost all my edition... '/' was at /dev/sda2, but the upgrade changed it to /dev/sda1, which is the swap partition. Upgrading to grub2 correct this issue...

Atenciosamente,

Leonardo Ruoso (CE1921JP)
http://lattes.cnpq.br/2719086566536387
leonardo@oktiva.com.br - (85) 8787-0312
Marketing, Comunicação Social e Tecnologia

Sent from Fortaleza, CE, Brasil

2010/1/27 Mark <mamarcac@gmail.com>
>On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 8:27 AM, Leonardo Ruoso <leonardo.ruoso@gmail.com> wrote:
>I've tried a lot of grub-pc, grub-install, grub-probe and finally upgraded to 2.0.36... After all it worked.... Thanks

It's a lot more work and headache than editing menu.lst, ain't it?  :(