Re: console resolution

>>tv.debian wrote:
>> Hi, I use a slightly different way, I put:
>>
>> GRUB_GFXMODE="1440x900 640x480"
>>
>> in /etc/defaults/grub (native resolution first, fall-back one isn't
>> necessary, it's the default).
>>
>> Then in /etc/grub.d/00_header I add gfxpayload=keep to this section
>> (around line 80):
>> [...]
>> if loadfont `make_system_path_relative_to_its_root ${GRUB_FONT_PATH}`
>> ; then
>>   set gfxmode=${GRUB_GFXMODE}
>>   set gfxpayload=keep             <<<<<<<  here it is
>>
>>   insmod gfxterm
>>   insmod ${GRUB_VIDEO_BACKEND}
>>
>>   if terminal_output gfxterm ; then true ; else
>> [...]
>> It's working for me on Debian Squeeze and Ubuntu, but needs to be
>> updated if 00_header is overwritten during update (not often). It's just
>> a workaround until gfxpayload= is picked up in /etc/default/grub.
>>
>> My 2 cents.
>>

> Nima Azarbayjany wrote:
> It's weird but it's not working for me.  Somehow update-grub (as well as
> update-grub2, in case they are different) ignore all modifications to
> /etc/default/grub.  I'm giving up.  Should I report a bug?

[I re-arranged the message in chronological order to remove top posting]

This could mean your grub install is somehow broken, try to renew it
from scratch, not mixing both grub-pc ("grub2") and grub-legacy. Or
maybe you have typos somewhere in the variables so that they are not
picked up by update-grub (you can also call "grub-mkconfig -o
/boot/grub/grub.cfg" for grub-pc).

No need to Cc me, I am all eyes on the list.