Re: problem whit virtual interfaces [SOLVED]

Camaleón ha scritto:
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 14:09:48 +0100, Marco Vaschetto wrote:

Camaleón ha scritto:
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 13:11:18 +0100, Marco Vaschetto wrote:

iface eth0 inet static
Shouldn't that read "iface eth0:1 inet static"? :-?
                           ^^^^^^

I have try whit static configuration for eth0 and the alias, like:

(...)
And I try to configure (*eth0*)* *whit the local Ethernet ip address and
the alias (*eth0:1*) whit the public ip but I got always the same error,

so if the configuration of "/etc/network/interfaces" is right I'm
thinking, is possible, I didn't enable in the kernel some modules;

but if the unload modules, I didn't know witch one I must load for make
the alias working.

No additional module should be needed to load for using virtual interfaces. It must be a very an error in the config file we are both failing to see :-)

Just try with a simpler file, something like this:

5.4.3. The virtual interface
http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/debian-reference/ch05.en.html#_the_virtual_interface

And see what happens.

Greetings,

yes, is about metric the problem, and I think must configure the virtual interface like is a normal hardware..

now I have configure like this

#eth0 public ip
allow-hotplug
auto eth0