Re: problem whit virtual interfaces

Camaleón ha scritto:
On Fri, 22 Jan 2010 13:11:18 +0100, Marco Vaschetto wrote:

iface eth0 inet static

Shouldn't that read "iface eth0:1 inet static"? :-?
                           ^^^^^^

Greetings,

I have try whit static configuration for eth0 and the alias, like:

#*eth0:1 alias* local ethernet
auto *eth0:1*
iface *eth0:1* inet static
      address 192.168.0.33
      netmask 255.255.255.0
      network 192.168.0.0
      broadcast 192.168.0.255
      gateway 192.168.0.254
# dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
      dns-nameservers 192.168.0.1
      dns-search cesin.local
#*eth0* public ip
allow-hotplug
auto *eth0*
iface *eth0* inet static
       address 195.137.146.82
       netmask 255.255.255.248
       network 195.137.146.80
       broadcast 195.137.146.87
       gateway 195.137.146.81

and the second time whit dynamic ip for the alias *eth0:1 *like

#*eth0:1* local ethernet
auto *eth0:1*
iface *eth0:1* inet dhcp

#*eth0* public ip
allow-hotplug
auto *eth0*
iface *eth0* inet static
       address 195.137.146.82
       netmask 255.255.255.248
       network 195.137.146.80
       broadcast 195.137.146.87
       gateway 195.137.146.81

And I try to configure (*eth0*)* *whit the local Ethernet ip address and the alias (*eth0:1*) whit the public ip but I got always the same error,

so if the configuration of "/etc/network/interfaces" is right I'm thinking, is possible, I didn't enable in the kernel some modules;

but if the unload modules, I didn't know witch one I must load for make the alias working.

thank's

Marco