Re: Intel 2100 wireless firmware (ipw2100-1.3.fw) for Lenny installation

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:54 PM, Arthur Machlas <arthur.machlas@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 10:44 PM, Mark <mamarcac@gmail.com> wrote:
Oh, and if I boot to an Ubuntu Live 9.10 CD it connects no problem.  What the what??

Hi, me again. You know, the guy who said it wasn't worth the trouble. That it's better to use aptitude after the fact. Yeah... hey.

Good news is I eventually found a simple answer on google. Bad news is it was some time ago, don't remember how or where I found it. Essentially I had to clean out some config files that weren't set up properly by installing firmware during the before any parts of the system were actually installed.

Best,
Arthur

Aptitude it is.  I don't mind nuking the hdd and reinstalling Lenny from scratch (I have the dvd .iso downloaded).  Lesson learned!  (Assuming aptitude installation works!)

Mark