Re: Fixing time zone

On 20100119_214515, Rodolfo Medina wrote:
> Rodolfo wrote:

...snip...

> But suppose I want to adjust the minutes and seconds in the `date' field so to
> match exactly the `-800' time above: how could I do that?  Using the `date'
> command will not give an exact result.
>
> Rodolfo

tz -800 is standard time on Pacific coast of USA. The minutes (and seconds)
should be the same as in Rome. Does your computer clock display the wrong
minutes and seconds for Rome? Do you want that adjusted? If so, there are
a number of packages designed to keep your computer clock properly synchronized
with Internet time. I like 'chrony', but others like other packages.

If you want to watch the time in two or more time zones concurrently look at
package tzwatch.

--
Paul E Condon
pecondon@mesanetworks.net