Re: Sid on PowerPC has broken xserver-xorg-core

On Jan 19, 2010, at 10:15 AM, Gerfried Fuchs wrote:

Just a special side note: When you use unstable you are expected to
figure out such things because that's what happens regularly in
unstable and you are expected to be able to track down the issue on your
own. Digging through the buildd logs isn't magic. ;)

Hi Rhonda,

We each do what we can. I'm not a developer and much of the stuff developers do is greek to me -- though I'm willing to learn. The pointers to the build logs will be helpful in that; thank you for them!

My contribution to the process, such as it is, is that I happen to have access to a lot of old Mac PowerPC hardware that still runs well, but nobody wants or needs it for production applications. I use it in my spare time to test installation of Debian software (stable, testing and unstable) and report what I find. As I gain experience I try to give useful advice to people who are newer in it than I, and take advice from those who are more knowledgeable in the process than I. That's how we learn.

Again, thanks for your help.

Rick