Re: Sid on PowerPC has broken xserver-xorg-core

Michel Dänzer wrote:
On Mon, 2010-01-18 at 23:44 -0500, Rick Thomas wrote:
My question is: How do I know which packages I'm likely to need, so I can remove the rest?

Something like

grep _drv /var/log/Xorg.0.log|grep -v input

should show you which video driver your X server is using.

Interesting... The culprit turned out to be the xserver-xorg-input-wacom driver. At first I removed all the video drivers that weren't mentioned in Xorg.0.log. That didn't solve the problem, but made it clear that there were still problems with the input drivers. So I removed those I knew I wasn't using and that solved the problem. Then I re-installed the video and input drivers I had removed - one by one, until I started seeing conflicts again. I was able to put back everything but the wacom input driver.

Now, the question is: how do we get the wacom input driver fixed? Should I submit a bug report against xserver-xorg-input-wacom? What should I say is the problem?

Thanks very much for your help!

Rick