Re: Help needed to find why mouse not working

Klistvud wrote:
Dne, 18. 01. 2010 19:39:01 je Alan Chandler napisal(a):

I would like to initially prove that when I move my hand on the touchpad it is sending information to the computer. How can I see that something is being sent (which devices should be the mouse?)

By running xev from a terminal in X you should get some response when moving the mouse pointer across the xev window. That would be a start.

It didn't produce anything. However, I have now tried it on a Windows Machine, and nothing there either. My conclusion is that it is broken and I am sending it back

--
Alan Chandler
http://www.chandlerfamily.org.uk