Re: Decode unixtime

On Fri, Jan 15, 2010 at 11:32:30PM EST, Brian Ryans wrote:
> Quoting Chris Jones on 2010-01-15 02:56:11:
> > behaves a bit more like a text-mode web browser.

> pinfo's maintainer would agree with you. Quoting 'apt-cache show
> pinfo':

> Info documents, which is based on ncurses.  The key-commands are in
> the style of lynx.

> If it weren't for this thread, I'd not have known about pinfo, I'll
> give it a whirl.

> PS. Chris, if you get CCd in this, I apologize. I've acquired muscle
> memory to press 'r' to reply, instead of 'l' for list-reply.

Actually, I have a procmail recipe that does away with duplicate
messages, so I wouldn't have noticed.

Only problem I've had with pinfo is that I wasn't able to make work with
soft links - i.e. you have a two versions of gcc and gcc is a link to
the most current, pinfo burps a 'file not found' or something message.
But I didn't really research it much, I had too many problems manually
editing the info directory.

Otherwise, with its fairly 'intuitive' navigation model, I think it
makes reading the doc fo an extended period of time somewhat easier than
either info or man.

Enjoy.

CJ