Re: Failover of gateways

On Thu, 14 Jan 2010 13:06:29 -0300, Daniel Bareiro wrote:

> I'm trying to configure Debian GNU/Linux with two alternative gateways.
> That is to say, that initially the traffic is by GW1 and if it is down
> then it goes by GW2. If GW2 is again up, then it becomes to use GW1.
>
> Somebody was able to implement some configuration of this type and could
> help me with it or indicate some reference to me?

There are some docs available out there:

How To: Load Balancing & Failover With Dual/ Multi WAN / ADSL / Cable
Connections on Linux
http://blog.taragana.com/index.php/archive/how-to-load-balancing-failover-with-dual-multi-wan-adsl-cable-connections-on-linux/

Google keyboards: linux+gateway+failover

:-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón