boot: 65/88704 files (21.2% non-contiguous),

A fsck reported a seriously defragged boot partition during a boot check.

So I tried this:

 # cd
 # mkdir notboot
 # cp -rp /boot/* notboot
 # cd /boot
 # pwd
 # rm -rf *
 # cp -rp /root/notboot/* .
 # tree .
 # shutdown -rF now

The -F in shutdown to get another check. Hope that is an error free
rendition.

Results:
 boot: 65/88704 files (9.4% non-contiguous)

I thought to repeated the process for further results. But it only got down

9.2% . :(

So I repeated but I gzipped the files in my notboot directory, then
/gunzipped them in boot.  That increased my noncontiguous files to

12.4% !

I got back to 9.2% with the original process.

I am guessing that some type of fragmentation is copied with the files.
BTW, the root partition where I made the notboot directory is 1.8% .

I can live with 9.2%, but I am open to trying more! :)

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman