Re: fglrx

On Tue, Jan 12, 2010 at 12:32:03AM -0800, Kelly Clowers wrote:
> On Mon, Jan 11, 2010 at 20:43, Freeman <evenso@worldwidehtml.com> wrote:
> >
> > Can someone recommend good reading on ATI drivers in testing.
> >
> > I don't think my card is supported any longer.
> >
> > ATI Technologies Inc Radeon RV250 [Mobility FireGL 9000] (rev 02)
> >
> > But I've not been finding the docs that will do anything other than confuse
> > me if they exist.
> >

> That card hasn't been supported by fglrx for some time. However,
> the FOSS "Radeon" driver (package xserver-xorg-video-ati) should
> have full 2d and 3d support for that card.

It was a matter of swapping fglrx for firmware-linux. Guess I had the idea
that it was all getting outdated.

It seems like firmware-linux is self-adjusting somehow.

At first it was loosing frames in HD vids and Goolge Earth ran haltingly
although without complaining about lack of 3D.  After 4 sessions, I notice
only a very slight difference from fglrx performance.

--
Kind Regards,
Freeman