Re: No flamewar please!

James Allsopp wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm using gnome but want to remove all traces of mono from my system,
> I've a clean install of Squeeze.
>
> Can I,
>  apt-get purge mono-2.0-gac mono-gac mono-runtime tomboy
>
> No offence, if you want to use it fine, but I'd like rid of it. Tried
> running with simulate and it seems to want to get rid of gnome too.

As I recall, mono is part of the Gnome meta-package, so removal of
gnome requires the removal of package 'gnome'. This doesn't remove any
of the real packages that make up the Gnome DE, though (except those
that do require Mono, of which ISTR there are non-mono alternatives).

This is all based on heresay, though, I don't use Gnome and have never
uninstalled Mono.

--
Avi Greenbury
http://aviswebsite.co.uk ;)