nsswitch.conf/LDAP

Hello list,

I have a problem with my NSS/LDAP setup. When I set

passwd:    files [SUCCESS=return] ldap
group:       files [SUCCESS=return] ldap
shadow:    files

in /etc/nsswitch.conf and then enter 'id root' in the shell the NSS
tries to contact the LDAP server *although* root is contained in
/etc/passwd, /etc/group (and /etc/shadow) and can thus be
authenticated without inquiring the LDAP server.

So what I want is, to have users be authenticated via LDAP only when
they are *not* in the passwd/group files. How do I  archieve this?

Thanks.