Re: How to temporary set dvorak keymap in terminal

Sebastian wrote at 2010-01-10 10:56 -0600:
> Thanks for all your time and help, greatly appreciated. I think I have
> been a bit unclear in my wording: I'm looking for something to
> temporarily set a different keymap in a /console/-session, as in
> 'text-only'! I have no problems doing this within X - although I only
> used the 'setxkbmap'-approach.
>
> So thanks again for all your suggestions, but I'm looking for a way to
> switch to the dvorak-layout for the /console/, not for X. And of
> course - sorry for all the confusion (although some say it's the first
> step on the long path to enlightenment).

And also I think you mentioned you only want to change the layout for 1 of the
consoles, not all.

I have been using the Dvorak layout for a while now and although it was very
hard for me to learn a new layout I do not regret it.  I use the backspace key
far less frequently than I did with the QWERTY layout.