Mouse problem in VirtualBox client Lenny

I have VirtualBox 3.1.2r56127 running on amd64 Windows7 host, and an
amd64 Lenny client.

Everything seemed to work before I finished the vboxadd setup adding
VirtualBox client support.

Now the mouse responds to right click (opening a menu in right bottom
corner of the window), but nothing else works mouse wise.

After vboxadd setup my xorg.conf has following setup for mouse:

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver       "mouse"
  Identifier   "Mouse[1]"
  Option       "Buttons" "9"
  Option       "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
  Option       "Name" "VirtualBox Mouse Buttons"
  Option       "Protocol" "explorerps/2"
  Option       "Vendor" "Sun Microsystems Inc"
  Option       "ZAxisMapping" "4 5"
  Option       "CorePointer"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
  Driver       "vboxmouse"
  Identifier   "Mouse[2]"
  Option       "Device" "/dev/vboxguest"
  Option       "Name" "VirtualBox Mouse"
  Option       "Vendor" "Sun Microsystems Inc"
  Option       "SendCoreEvents"
EndSection

I googled, and tried to replace those with

Section "InputDevice"
   Identifier   "Configured Mouse"
   Driver       "vboxmouse"
   Option       "CorePointer"
EndSection

but that made the Xorg unstartable.

What might be wrong in the setup?

--
http://www.iki.fi/jarif/

April 1

This is the day upon which we are reminded of what we are on the other three
hundred and sixty-four.