Re: How to install Eclipse 3.5 on Debian 5 (lenny) stable release ?

Hi Mat,

     Thanks for your suggestion.

     I have downloaded the "eclipse_3.4.1-1_i386.deb" file from the link you provided. I am now finding information on installing this eclipse 3.4 using "dpkg".

     However, one point I want to be clear in advance is that would the eclipse 3.4 installation using "dpkg" replaces / corrupts my old eclipse 3.2 installation. Moreover, the eclipse 3.4 ".deb" file has just 120KB size. Is that reasonable with such a big application ?

     Thanks for any suggestion.

Regards
Lawrence