Re: how to force removal of etch-backport trac after upgrade to lenny

I have many times been asked off list if I found a fix.

For myself, I simply disabled the test for old files in /usr/bin/pycentral.
I commented out the following code
if found_old_base and found_base2:
            raise PyCentralError, \
                  'shared files found in old (%s) and new locations
(%s)' % (old_shared_base, shared_base2)
But I might have a problem with the next update.

I think you will find more useful and debian standard suggestion in
the  "Broken Upgrade Path for trac from etch-backports to lenny" thread
in the backports-users@lists.backports.org