Re: CPU fan working more than it should

On 07/01/10 21:44, George wrote:
On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:59 AM, Olaf Reitmaier Veracierta
<olafrv@gmail.com> wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frequency_scaling

How to configure an use it? (See the modules way for Debian)

http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/How_to_make_use_of_Dynamic_Frequency_Scaling

I have an AMD Sempron, so it looks like my processor is not supported.

Uhm, I think you can, try to load this modules:
  • AMD Sempron/Athlon/MP ( K7 ). The module to load is powernow-k7
  • AMD Duron/Sempron/Athlon/Opteron 64/Turion ( K8 ). The module to load is powernow-k8
  • Other (Unknown). Try the module acpi-cpufreq
See and practice your spanish here: http://www.esdebian.org/wiki/cpu-scaling-debian

   "You don't know where your shadow will fall",
        Somebody.-
 Ing. Olaf Reitmaier Veracierta <olafrv@gmail.com>
 Personal Web Page -- http://olafrv.googlepages.com