Re: Inquiry:How to install Debian from Internet?

On Tue, Jan 05, 2010 at 11:09:18AM +0000, hadi motamedi wrote:
> Dear All
> I have my Debian server installed from Debian-31 netinst & businesscard CDs
> , but when trying to install Asterisk 1.4 it failed . I thought that my
> Debian installation was incomplete. Can you please let me know how to
> install a complete Debian 3.1 right from the Internet ? Is there anything
> like "yum install" to try with ?

As people already told you before:

1. Debian 3.1 (Sarge) is obsolete an not supported anymore.
2. Still, package sources for it are available (unmaintained, but
   availale). They pointed you to the specific source and provided you
   a line for sources.list .
3. The version of aptitude included with Sarge is probably a bit buggy.
   (did I mention it's ancient?), but apt-get / apt-cache should work
   reasonably well.
4. Did I mention that Debian Sarge is obsolete and you should use Lenny
   (5.0)?