Re: gaim and pidgin connection problem

Yuwen Dai wrote:

>> What instant messaging service are you trying to connect to?
>>

> I use MSN.  I'd been using Gaim OK in Debian Etch before December.  Do this
> mean Microsoft suddenly changed MSN protocol recently?

A less immediate, but longer term, solution would be to convince your
contacts to adopt Google Talk (or any other XMPP-based system that has
server-to-server service).  XMPP is an open standard, anybody can run a
server for it (see packages ejabberd, jabberd2, etc) and individual XMPP
sites can exchange messages with other sites (most of my contact list is
on Google even though I run my own server).