Re: Gnome apps in KDE

On Sun, Jan 03, 2010 at 10:25:46AM EST, Nima Azarbayjany wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can anyone tell me why Gnome applications look so ugly in KDE and if
> something can be done about it to make them look as in their native Gnome
> environment?! ;)

Shot in the dark since I don't use gnome or KDE, but I believe there is
a gnome-settings-daemon or something that takes care of 'rendering' in a
broad sense.

Could it be that it never gets started if you are running KDE?

Google for 'gnome-settings-daemon' + 'KDE' and see if this helps in your
case.

CJ