Re: Interpretation of the dmidecode information

Camaleón put forth on 1/2/2010 12:44 PM:

> Maybe older SMBIOS versions just display wrong or incorrect data. Just
> trust the manufacturer's specs.

I wouldn't make that general statement about SMBIOS age playing a role in
incorrect data.  More than likely this is a vendor/mainboard BIOS specific
problem.  As best I can tell, all the dmidecode data reported for this 11 year
old Abit BP6 mainboard is correct; matches the user manual data 1:1.  **Note the
BIOS date**

# dmidecode 2.9
SMBIOS 2.2 present.
31 structures occupying 857 bytes.
Table at 0x000F0800.

BIOS Information
        Vendor: Award Software International, Inc.
        Version: 4.51 PG
        Release Date: 11/03/99
        Address: 0xE0000
        Runtime Size: 128 kB
        ROM Size: 256 kB
Base Board Information
        Product Name: i440BX-W83977
Memory Controller Information
        Error Detecting Method: 8-bit Parity
        Error Correcting Capabilities:
                Single-bit Error Correcting
        Supported Interleave: One-way Interleave
        Current Interleave: One-way Interleave
        Maximum Memory Module Size: 256 MB
        Maximum Total Memory Size: 768 MB
        Supported Speeds:
                70 ns
                60 ns
        Supported Memory Types:
                DIMM
                SDRAM
        Memory Module Voltage: 3.3 V
        Associated Memory Slots: 3
                0x0007
                0x0008
                0x0009
        Enabled Error Correcting Capabilities: None