Re: ext2/3 vs xfs for maildir

On Fri, 1 Jan 2010, Volkan YAZICI wrote:

I strongly agree, even in recent ext4 and nilfs benchmarks, reiserfs is
generally the winner in many different scenarious. Besides, XFS is very
disappointing at power failures and ext2/3 requires huge amounts of

There are reasons for the observed XFS behaviour. If a file becomes corrupt XFS zeros the file rather than leaving a corrupt file in place. There are pros and cons to this approach.

In any case it is essential to always keep good backups.

Rob

--
I tried to change the world but they had a no-return policy
http://www.practicalsysadmin.com