Re: alternate web browser etc...

On 2010-01-01 at 11:02:35 -0500, Bernard wrote:
> I wish to install an alternate web browser, else than the firefox clone
> (iceweasel v3.0.6) that I already have. Iceweasel does fulfill my needs
> and expectations, but, for various reasons, I wish to also have
> something else too, one of these reasons being that it would be
> initiated with alternate identities, mail addresses etc.. In the
> meantime, this would allow me to test something else, which is the
> reason why I don't plan to install 'Netscape' which is about the same as
> Firefox/Iceweasel, sometimes using same conf files, bookmarks and so on.

If you have a GNOME desktop, which is the default desktop with Debian,
the first thing that comes to mind is the Epiphany browser, which is
installed by default.  What I'm not sure of is how independent it is
from iceweasel.  It uses the same HTML rendering engine (Gecko) that
iceweasel does; so it may share some config files.  But that is what
I would investigate first, since it's probably already installed.

Happy New Year