Re: How to move an OS install from one primary partition to another?

Dne, 08. 12. 2009 08:32:13 je Jochen Schulz napisal(a):

IMHO, your biggest problem won't be with copying/ghosting/dd-ing your
Windows partition: your biggest (in fact, unsurmountable) problem will
be all your C:\Windows and C:\Documents and Settings and C:\Program
Files (and similar) references, hard-coded into your Windows Registry.
IIRC from my (over forever, thankfully!) Windows days, there was no
*easy* way to make a Registry, built on a C:\ drive to work reliably on
a D:\, E:\ and so on. I think your best bet is to use the swap
(hd0,hd1) command in Grub (the syntax is wrong, since I'm quoting from
memory, but you surely know what I mean).

If beside the drive letters (partition locations) their respective
sizes are also a problem, just resize them with GParted, it's an
*incredibly* mature piece of software.

Good luck, you're gonna need it if Windows is involved!

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801